I have had a small crush on a fellow class mate. This girl is beautiful, long blond hair, deep blue eyes and a smile that can turn anyone’s day around. She is a hard worker and from what I can see so far, she has her head on right and is sticking to the course. We walk anxiously from class to class, but text and talk daily on the phone. With both of our schedules being packed with work and school, we have been unable to meet up. We have been talking now for just shy of three weeks.
Last night was the first time that our schedules allowed us to meet. I know that since this was the first time and that I may not get another chance for a while, I had to do it right the first time. I had to sweep her off her feet and show her a good time around town. What happened was unexpected. The night started off with me at her front door at eight- thirty. I picked her up and we headed down town. The first thing she told me was that no guy has ever opened her car door. This was a shock to me. Shivery dead? Anyway, I know we were off to a good start. We headed towards down town to eat at Razzoo’s Cajun Restaurant. The car ride could not have gone any better. Conversation and laughter filled the car. We arrived down town and headed to the restaurant. Once we got to the restaurant we walked right in and got a table. Surprisingly, we had no wait.
Dinner was nice. We sat and talked more then we ate. As a matter of fact, I can only recall taking about ten bites of my food. We were so involved with one another that the food sat on the table as decoration. Not a moment of the dinner hour was silent. We talked about the most random and close to home topics one would be comfortable discussing on a first date.
After dinner we walked back to the truck, hand in hand. This was “kind of a big deal”. I had been struggling to get a hug from her. Let me tell you that this one had a huge shell on her back. She was so awkward but in the most fantastic way. Her being awkward was really the main reason that we got a long so well in my opinion. It was interesting for me to have to pull her out of her shell these past few weeks. So when we arrived back to my truck what happened next caught me off guard. We were in the elevator fixing to exit when she said, “Hey, are you going to kiss me or do I have to make the first move.” Stunned I just looked at her. The tables had turned and now I had become the awkward one. After I gave her a puzzled look the door to the elevator door opened. She took a step out of the door and turned around and was just waiting. I quickly moved in for the kiss, thinking that this day was never going to come. I just gave her a quick peck on the cheek. She smiled and looked disappointed. I on the other hand know how bad she wanted me to miss her cheek and hit her lips. After I pulled away she had a confused look on her face. I just smiled. She was turning back to the car, when I grabbed her hand again and spun her around. Our lips locked and we shared our first kiss.
I really enjoyed reading your post. It takes me back to the good points about dating and allowed me to reminisce a bit.
ReplyDeleteActually, your story reminded me of my first date with my husband. We also sat at the restaurant talking for hours, and barely touched our food. After five years together, we can still talk and talk for hours on end about everything. He is my best friend and has drawn me out of my shell, and I have done the same for him.
Sometimes it is hard to remember those innocent beginnings, so thank you for reminding me.
Very nice description of a first date. She is a lucky young lady, and I like the innocence of both of you. Stay innocent and the relationship will be better because of it.
ReplyDelete