Thursday, September 1, 2011

Starting up

This past week was a very productive week.  Getting back into the swing of school came pretty fast for me this year.  This semester I am taking twenty-one hours in order to graduate this December.  Getting back in school, staying focused and ready to work is the key to completing my degree. 
     The first week of school was hectic.  Every other day I spent time in the administration building or in my advisor's office.  My schedule gave us all problems.  I need to complete my degree this semester and there was a shortage of classes I could potentially sign up for to work into my degree plan.
     Currently I have 127 credits but need another 21 hours (all upper level courses 3's and 4's).  After reviewing all the courses offered for the fall semester, it came down to only 13 classes I would be able to select from.  On top of that, I needed all morning classes due to my work schedule.
     After spending four solid days talking to all my advisors, and even being kicked out of one class I attended, my class schedule was finalized and approved for graduation requirements.
     The task then began to quickly catch up on assignments that were already beginning to pile up.  Week two I hit the ground running.  If I can maintain this mindset and focus, I will have a successful year and a happy graduation day.

3 comments:

  1. Garrett, I am sure you will be successful, and I will be clapping and shouting for you in December as you walk across the stage!

    BTW, I would suggest that you change your font color, as that purple against that background is very hard to read. I had to copy and paste it in order to read it. Why don't you make it white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed it after i had posted it. The theme of my page called for purple font. After my first post I had planed to change it. Sorry for making the post difficult to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garrett,

    You will have a great semester and WILL graduate this December! You seem to have some great goals and lots of determination. I really admire all that you are taking on.

    You will do great!

    ReplyDelete