Being back in school has its perks. Yes getting a degree that will help me in my hunt of landing a job is the main reason I attend, having a gym that I can also use at anytime is a huge bonus. Since the beginning of school, I have been waking up at five A.M., eating a good breakfast, and heading to the gym. I have placed myself on a very intense workout schedule. I work out Monday-Friday and occasionally, if I am not completely dead from the weeks work out you may find me in the gym Saturday or Sunday, for a quick cardio.
Since I have started I’ve seen the amount of weight increase throughout all my lifts. I have become stronger in my legs by breaking them down with full body squats and also hack squats. My upper body is also working hard. I have seen a ten pound increase in the past two weeks. I have been feeling great, and I find myself being able to accomplish more each day. That includes from the work that I am doing in the gym along with the school work that I must stay on top of.
AGH! This makes me want to get back in the gym as soon as possible. I am a secret fan of fitness, but always get pulled out of a routine for one reason or another. I love the energy boost you get from being fit and healthy (and sleeping more than 2 hours a night!) It is truly amazing the increase of confidence, energy, and work ethic you receive from working out and staying active. And of course, eating right is always great. You will have to help me this semester to get back on track. I want abs ha-ha! It is really commendable that you are keeping up the commitment to have a regular workout schedule. It definitely takes determination to get into a routine and stay away from temptations. Go you!
ReplyDeleteI admire your energy and determination. Currently, the only physical activity I do is walking with my son and our dogs. However, with the heat, we haven’t gotten to walk much this summer. I really would love to start working out again, because I know it would help me gain some much-needed energy. Who knows, maybe you will see me in the gym before the semester is over. Only I will not be in that early. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteGood for you. I used to work out on weights and I loved it. I need to get back to that. I used free weights except for my legs. I used strength training machines for them. I really enjoyed the workouts, but have not been in a gym in a long time, too long in fact.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you will motivate me to get back to the routine. I need to.