Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Pup

Just the other day I got to take a short break from all the competing interest in my life, to play with my dog. My pup has been with me for five years now and he is just the calmest thing. I attempt to play with him in my backyard, but he does not understand the meaning of fetch to well. We have got down the concept of go get it but we quit cant figure out how to bring it back, so our games end pretty quickly.
But this past Wednesday was a different story. I took my dog out to the park. Not too many people were at the park at noon so I felt it was ok to take off the leach. I brought a tennis ball with us in hopes he would want to play. Even if he didn’t want to it, was nice to be outside. I tossed the ball and he set and looked at me. I looked at him. I walked to get the ball. We were not off to the best start. I tossed the ball again. Same result.  I thought to myself, one more time. He’s got one more chance and the ball goes in my pocket. I tossed it again, he took off after it. He brought it back and dropped it at my feet. Amazed, I told him good boy and petted his soft white fur. I quickly picked up the ball and tossed it again. Nothing! My dog set right at my feet. I walked and got the ball and tossed it again. Nothing. Once more, and the same result. I then relived that my dog was training me.

2 comments:

  1. Haha... I can almost picture this happening. I think I like your dog he seems pretty smart! My cat was amazing at fetch when I lived back home. But I have to say I'd love a lazy and sarcastic dog!

    Maybe next time he'll try giving you a treat! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your dog's name? I used to REALLY want a dog, but nowadays...I'm not so sure. lol

    ReplyDelete