Last night was a wild night. Have you ever been told that nothing good happens after midnight? Well this past Friday night, that statement could not have been any truer. This past Friday sever of my friends and I went out for a night on the town, in Dallas. We meet up at a friend’s house that lives in lower Greenvill, to have a cookout before we hit the town.
After our bellies were full, we discussed were we should go out for the night. It was anonymous. We had decided on the house of blues. Ray Charles was playing an event tonight to raise money for the blind. We thought this would be a fun night with some great music. We loaded up the cars and headed to bar.
When we arrived we quickly found a spot. We pulled our car in and proceeded to the doors, of the house of blues. Before we got too far away from the truck, a man hollered out, “That’s my spot. I had to run up the street to drop someone off. My friends and I all looked at one another for advice. We all had the same idea. We kept walking. Once inside, the night took off. The music was loud and the women were beautiful. About thirty minutes had passed and I noticed the man that had yelled at me was extremely sweaty when he walked through the door. I did not think much of it; it was more of an observation. Another hour past and the concert were coming to an end. We wanted to beat the traffic so we heading out the door about ten mines before the concert had ended. When we got outside my truck, the one that the man asked us to move had glass lying all around its wheels. Every window in the truck had been smashed. Surely the man that did not get his parking spot had not done this. Was this spot such a big deal. Furies, we set and waited to see if the man was going to come out and look at the truck. He never came out. We set in the parking lot for twenties minutes until we saw a cop. I don’t know if we were waiting on the cop, or anyone that looked like they knew was going on. When the cop came up to the car, he spent no time telling us that they had already caught the suspects. Some kids were going around town breaking people’s windows. They had been arrested and taken down to the jail. They had broken five people’s windows and attempted to steal a car to get away.
After messing with the cops and them collecting all of my information, we loaded up the glass filed seats and headed back home. What luck we have, I thought to myself as we drove back to his house. What luck…. Then it started to rain….
Where did this happen? That's wild and crazy. I remember once, when I lived in Ohio, there was an apartment complex that was all in the news because someone was going around and slashing peoples' tires! Any car that they felt like ruining, they did: crazy. If I remember correctly, they caught the people who were doing it: a couple of teenagers, I think. smh
ReplyDelete