Tuesday, October 4, 2011

ALCS Champs

Game one was a complete disaster. The Tampa Bay Rays and the Texas Rangers kicked off the 2011 MLB playoffs. Game one was played in Arlington Texas at four o’clock, this past Friday. The rangers got off to a rocky start. Pitcher C.J. Wilson started for the Rangers, he was relived in the sixth inning. Before the Rangers pulled Wilson, the damage had been done. Tamps bats were hot from the start scoring six runs before the 5th inning. After Wilson departure, the Rays continued their push to win the game and shut the door on the Ranger’s hopes for game one. Tamp won the opener eight to zero. Game two is tonight at 2pm. Let’s Go Rangers
After I watched game one, I expected the rangers to come back hot game two seeking revenge. They have not been the type of team to lie down at all this season. Expectedly the Rangers came back strong. Ranger’s defense was clean. They had 0 errors to go with the 14 hits they were able to put together on the Rays pitching staff. Although game two was close the rangers took it 4-2.
Rangers win. The Rangers stayed hot in the next two games and won them both. I was upset that I was not able to watch the game on TV but to listen to the listen to an announcer on the radio filled the gap a little. I am working on tons of homework at the cafĂ© down the street from my house. As soon as I finish believe you me, I am flying home to watch ESPN. I am looking forward to seeing the post game celebrations. The rangers were a good team last year and since have improved. Look forward to watching the Rangers game one on Saturday Oct. 8. They are awaiting the winner of the New York Yankees and the Detroit Tigers. If the Tigers win, we will have game one in Texas. If the Yankees can come from behind in the series, we will be playing in the big apple.   

1 comment:

  1. YAY, GARRETT for posting independently! lol

    I was SO excited about the Yankees/Tigers game. Despite the rain in last week's game, I was glad to see my Yankees bring it back! CC Sebathia was (as always) on his game, so I don't have any worries about seeing the Yankees at the World Series!! (And if you tell anyone I'm a Yankees fan, you make sure you tell them I'm not from Texas and I can root for anybody I want)* lol

    ReplyDelete