Monday, October 10, 2011

Getting lucky

The past week I received a call from a family member. He asked me, “If I wanted a job?” I was extremely happy to hear this. I have had a hard time of late, and to be given a job is a blessing.
 I started this past Thursday night. I worked hard. I wanted them to look pass the fact that I have not learned how to drive a stick. That night at work was fun. It is kind of cool to jump in the expensive cars. They are worth that much money for a reason. The leather in some of the high end cars is amazing. It makes me want to work harder in order to have things like those cars. After felling like a big shot driving around in sweet cars, the manager called me over. He quickly asked if, “I wanted to work again.”You know my answer! The manager took down my number, and asked if I could work three more days. I was ecstatic. I had such a good time working and the people I work with make it pleasurable to be there. We all need the money, so everyone is working hard. No one has a big head.
I worked that following day and then again, on Saturday.  I also have work tomorrow. It will be the first day I get money, and I will also receive a shirt with my name. No longer will people call me Nate.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you did not say what you were doing, but it sounds as though you are performing valet service. Is that correct? Whatever it was, your hard work ethic paid off. I am proud of you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. Working and taking classes is always hard, but I bet you will do fine. Times are tough and those of us who have a job are greatful for them. I know that my job, though it does not pay that well, is a blessing in our home.

    Good luck with your new job and I hope that you get plenty of hours, but not so many as to distract you from your school work ;)

    ReplyDelete